Saturday, October 16, 2004

Pretentious sidebar photos.

As I was surfing all the sites on Blogexplosion, it occurred to me that a lot of people have pictures of themselves on their blog. I have a photoblog along with this one, but even there I do not include a picture of myself.

The reason for this is not because I'm ashamed of the way I look. I don't have a human fetus growing from the side of my head or anything like that. I wasn't burned in a fired. I don't look like anyone you might see on Maury Povich.

The reason is because every time I see someone's picture in the sidebar of their blog I think they look like a jackass. I'll save the pretentious writer photo for the back of my book.

3 Comments:

Blogger Astrantia said...

Just because someone puts a photo of themselves on their blog sidebar doesn't make them pretentious. I for one become curious of what people look like, not that it's relevent, but I do.

And yes, I do have a photo on my sidebar ;-P

When people use Comic Sans for their blog font I think they're a jackass. Which is why I stopped using it for my blog. But hum ho, everyone to their own ;-)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Astrantia said...

Oh and by the way, don't you think adding ones blog to blog explosion is a teeny bit pretentious?

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one, some people like to see the face behind the site, however you are right some do look like jackass, myself included

somethinghuman.johnmryan.com

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home