Saturday, October 16, 2004

Pretentious sidebar photos part 2

I'm not surprised that the previous post struck a sour note. Especially when you consider the prevalence of bloggers who have their picture on their site, and my traffic consists of 98% bloggers. But it's my opinions, and I stand by it.

Here's what a reader had to say, followed by my response.

Astrantia said...
Just because someone puts a photo of themselves on their blog sidebar doesn't make them pretentious. I for one become curious of what people look like, not that it's relevent, but I do.
First off, I never specifically said putting up a photo of yourself makes you pretentious. I said the person in the picture always looks like a jackass. It's the photo itself that looks pretentious, and not necessarily through any fault of the blogger posing for it. I find the mere act of posing for a picture to be pretentious. It doesn't matter how you pose, you are still a poser.
And yes, I do have a photo on my sidebar ;-P
I know. You are one of the people I thought looked like a jackass.
When people use Comic Sans for their blog font I think they're a jackass. Which is why I stopped using it for my blog. But hum ho, everyone to their own ;-)
If you're trying to insult me, you should follow through with it, instead of pussing out and adding "everyone to their own."
Oh and by the way, don't you think adding ones blog to blog explosion is a teeny bit pretentious?
No, I would say it's more like desperate for attention than pretentious.

6 Comments:

Blogger Astrantia said...

Touchy.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Astrantia said...

P.S - Thanks for the link. The more traffic the merrier. Psychos, spammers and haters are all welcome!

9:20 PM  
Blogger The Cunning Linguist said...

Haha! Good shit. I put my photo up on my sidebar, but it kept scaring away the k1dd13s.

Angry stuff here. Very nice indeed. I marked ya.

http://ekupes.blogspot.com

9:24 PM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

It looks like the more of an asshole I am, the more people like it. Sounds like a good deal to me.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Benjamin Solah said...

hmm, I got a sidebar photo, although it's in sepia tone, to soften it's impact. Although I can see where ur coming from shutuped. And yes u say things that make u sound like a mega asshole, and ppl admire you for it, ur on the net and therefore u really answer to no one

4:04 AM  
Blogger andrew said...

You're so right, Ed. Why put a photo in the sidebar to make yourself look like a jackass when your writing does that so effectively?

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home