Friday, October 15, 2004

No More BS Features

I was using a "tagboard" to post information about site updates, and other miscellaneous information. Now if I want to provide that information I'll put it in a real post. I did have a web poll, just for fun, but now it's gone. Why? Because more than 70% of web surfers are still using Microsoft's worthless browser. Therefore 70% or more of my readers were getting frequent pop-ups every time they visited my site.

Tagboards, web polls, and a lot of the other "free" webmaster tools available are all paid for by pop-ups. Until I come across a site that provides these tools without pop-ups, I won't be using them on my site.

If anyone knows of a good site for free webmaster tools, that don't spread a bunch of spyware, and cause a bunch of bull-shit advertising, please let me know. And please, for the love of God, switch to Mozilla. You won't regret it.


5 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Solah said...

The only free webmasters add-ons that I've tried is Bravenet.com and they don't have pop-ups

12:39 AM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

Well, maybe I'll put the bravenet poll back up and see if it causes any problems.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.tag-board.com gives occasional pop ups and I have had them.
http://chatter.nvncbl.com apparently has none but I haven't tried it.
I'm sure most of bravenets stuff is ad supported.
BB
www.baileysbroadcast.net

2:56 AM  
Blogger Tony Huddleston said...

Dude! ;-) I know how you feel. That's why I posted the software I most frequently use on my blog- http://thelawnmowerman.blogspot.com/ .
Included in the list (at the Top) is Mozilla Firefox. Hell, I even put a banner at the top of my page to download Mozilla's Kick-ass browser. Now, if we could just get everyone to just give up on MS products being nice, cute and cudly, we could rule the world! :)
Take care, and keep spreading the word about Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org/)
TheLawnMowerMan
thelawnmowerman.blogspot.com

3:05 AM  
Blogger Cheap Gas said...

Great Free Webmaster Tools blog you have!

Best Wishes,
Ken
Free Webmaster Tools

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home