Friday, October 22, 2004

National Novel Writing Month

I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided I'm going to participate in National Novel Writing Month. At this point I don't have a clear idea of what my story will be about. Instead I've decided just to make a list of things that I want to include in the story. Here's what I've got so far, in no particular order.

Zombies
Name one classic work of literature that doesn't have zombies? That's right, you can't.

A car chase
Who doesn't love car chases?

Aliens
For the same reason I'm including Zombies.

A school bus chase
For the same reason I'm including Zombies and Aliens.

An Army of robots
I'll need them to combat the Zombies and Aliens of course.

The Grim Reaper
He will be a good character for the cover art.

An office worker
I'm an office worker, so I figure I'll make the hero an office worker.

Motorcycles
No reason, it just seems like a good idea.

That's all I've come up with so far. Do any of my loyal readers have any suggestions about what I should include? If so, leave a comment.

9 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Solah said...

nice ideas, I'll have to read more into this thing coz it sounds like a good idea regardless if I have the last exams of my high school career. If you finish your story I'd be happy to post it on my home page http://writingcorner.cjb.net as other friends and online contacts have done the same, including some of my own work

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugo Fitch
www.hugofitch.com

The robots should be the invention of a mad scientist who also happens to be a seriously hot-looking woman. She could fall for the office worker hero guy or vice versa. Maybe you could throw in a healthy dose of explosions, too. And alien guts. Really gooey alien innards always make for quality plot development and they're an excellent addition to any clever denouement.

10:40 PM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

Yes defiantly I will need some explosions, and alien guts. A ridiculously hot chick couldn’t hurt either.

10:51 PM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

I think I'm going to need a really big natural disaster too. A hurricane maybe, or a giant mudslide. Or both.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ben Danmytt said...

Zombies, car chase w/bus and motorcycles, aliens, robot army, Reaper,and an office worker, oh my... ok here is how it goes down


A board office workers life changes one day when he finds out his boss is really an alien from the planet beyond pluto. He stubbles upon plans to turn humans into mindless zombie slaves the aliens are using to mine some dangerous power source like super radioactive petroleum. when the boss finds out the office worker discovered his work he chases him down. The office worker has to hijack a school bus full of kids to get away but the Boss alien has a super harley and chases him down. the office worker ends up crushing the bike and the alien is nowhere to be found. Later the office worker finds a mad scientist that helps him build a robot army to battle the zombies and aliens. It ends when the office guy kills the boss alien with a scythe while wearing a black cloak he found. so he kind looks like the grim reaper, at least enough for the cover art.

8:22 PM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

I just had a great idea. The really hot chick will be the grim reaper. Now that would make for some good cover art.

11:25 AM  
Blogger the Arrogant Fool said...

This is going to be a novel, right? Not some kind of Jerry Bruckheimer film?

Have you given any thought to remote-controlled sharks?

5:03 AM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

Maybe not “remote control” sharks. But maybe flying sharks. Or maybe instead of it raining frogs, it could rain sharks.

10:20 PM  
Blogger d said...

i vote for a supervillian who disguises himself in a giant pigeon suit. he should also have go-go-gadget-arms. of course, its not my story, so feel free to tell me to shut the fuck up and just stick to aliens and zombies. sounds quality regardless.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home