Monday, October 04, 2004

I work with morons

Ok, I'm back. Hopefully done with hurricanes now. I don't mind losing power for a couple of days, but I go crazy when my Internet access is out for a week. September was the longest month ever in the history of the world. Why you ask? Well I'm a supervisor over about 12 people in a call center. The phones got a little messed up from the storm. That I have no problem with, but just read this conversation I had as a result of the technical difficulties.

Darla: I just pressed “outgoing” and I started hearing someone’s bank account information

Me: That’s just a glitch with the phone systems, just hang up.

Darla: but how did that happen? I just pressed “outgoing” and I heard “automatic deposit: $325”

Me: It’s just a glitch, hang up.

Darla: Yeah I just picked up the phone and it was someone’s banking.

Me: So just hang up, and it will go away.

Darla: But how did that happen?

Maria: Someone called their bank, and then when you picked up you got it.

Me: Just hang up.

Darla: it said “automatic deposit: $325”

Maria: Did someone call their bank?

Pam raises her hand

Me: Ok, so just hang up.

Darla: But who’s was it?

Maria: It was Pam’s

Darla: So you had $325 deposited Pam.

Me: Ok, now you’ve broadcast it to the whole room, just hang up.

Darla: Pam got $325, she’s taking everyone out to lunch.

Me: God, please let me get mauled by a rabid weasel and die in agony.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

welcome back! temper temper...tsk tsk tsk

11:43 PM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

Hey, temper is what I'm all about.

11:55 PM  
Blogger sex scenes at starbucks said...

I'm glad you made it through the high winds ok, and I'm sorry your coworkers did.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home