Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Florida Power and Light can suck it.

I was out of power for several days during the hurricanes. Then when I got my bill, it was twice what I expected. I got nowhere with the customer service reps on the phone, so I fired off this E-mail to them. I know it won't do a bit of good, and I'll just have to pay the damn thing, but it made me feel better anyway. Here's what I said:

My bill this month is an outrage. On average I pay somewhere around $100 a month for power. After the hurricane when the meter readers were unable to read the meter, my bill was estimated at $92.10. The next bill I got was for $205.82. You are saying that during a month when I was without power for several days, I somehow used twice as much electricity as normal.

Your customer service rep told me that my estimated bill was simply lower than it should have been, and the difference in the price was simply to make up for that. I think it's more likely that you forgot to deduct the estimated amount of 92.10 that I paid for September from the amount I have to pay for October.

This is very frustrating, because there is no such thing as an alternate power company. You know you will never loose my business and you are trying to take advantage of me. In my opinion, you are trying to recoup some of the losses you suffered from the hurricanes by double billing poor saps like me.

I hate you,
Shutuped

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel K. O'Leary said...

Great site! It was a litle tough to read after those 5 drinks, but seriously, good work. Anyways, wIll you help me get some beer?
Check out-
http://dankoleary.squarespace.com/buydanbeer/

If you want to help, we can exchange links.

Seriously bro, you are hilarious.

-Dan

3:10 AM  
Blogger ShutUpEd said...

That sounds like a good cause to me. You've been blogrolled.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home