Saturday, September 11, 2004

No one cares about your dead grandmother.

When I read other blogs, I always hate it when a post starts off with some statement to the effect of "I haven't posted anything in a while because…" Bloggers blogging about their own blog is just ridiculous. For me, a good blog must provide commentary on something of interest. The behind the scenes effort that goes into a blog may be of interest to the author, but it is rarely of any interest to me.

When I first read a blog, I rarely notice that date of the most recent post. If the blog is good, and I come back at a later date to find that it hasn't been updated, then I might notice that the last post is a month old. But reading a list of excuses for why the blog hasn't been updated lately makes for a poor first impression.

A posting like this might be excused if your blog is all about your day-to-day life, or if you are using it as a backdrop for some interesting commentary on life. Otherwise no one cares that your grandmother died, or that you were in the hospital for gonorrhea, or that your house burned down.

So instead of writing a post about why you haven't posted, maybe you should just write a normal post. I haven't posted anything for just over a week, but I'm not going to tell you why. If you read the past 2 posts, I'm sure you can figure it out. If not then you're a fucking idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home